Job Offer: Postdoc position in Phylogenomics / Metagenomics
Computational Evolutionary Genomics group at the CBGP research centre (Madrid, Spain)
About the Institute
The Centre for Plant Genomics and Biotechnology (CBGP) is a joint (UPM-INIA) research institute
of excellence located at the Montegancedo International Campus in Pozuelo de Alarcón, Madrid.
Research activities at the CBGP are focused on plant biology and associated microorganisms.
CBGP has relevant educational and training roles for Bachelor, Master and PhD students, and
technicians, and has contributed to impulse the scientific carrier and leadership of young scientists.
The center has a main building of 7,200 m2 with state of the art laboratories and scientific
infrastructures, including metabolomics facilities, a high performance computing cluster, cell
biology platforms and a P3-level containment lab.
– Novel enzyme discovery out of massive metagenomics data
– Functional implications of gene duplication and HGT in plants and associated
– Phylogenetic and functional diversity in microbial communities
– Pathogen diagnosis
– Development and applications of phylogenomic methods
– PhD in any discipline related to Computational Biology
– Experience in genomics and data analysis
Contract details: 2 years
Deadline for applications: April 1st, 2018
Starting date: ~Sept 2018
Send CV, motivation letter and contact details of two referees to email@example.com
Group info: http://compgenomics.org